The Home St. Pierre is owned and supported by the German Lutheran Church of Geneva and the Swiss-German Protestant Church of Geneva. It was founded in 1874 in order to provide a home to young German and Swiss-German women who came to Geneva to improve their French language skills. The house has been renovated to provide comfort meeting today’s requirements.
The site of our Home is blessed with a rich culture and a history that extends over many centuries.
|58 BCE||Geneva is mentioned for the first time. A Roman castle occupied the space our house is located at today.|
|300 CE||An Apollo temple was created in the castle’s basement.|
|400 CE||Conversion to Christianity, and a cult site was established.|
|500-600 CE||A castle belonging to Burgundian Kings was built.|
|1200 CE||The Cathedral St. Pierre was built, and the cantor’s house occupied the site.|
|1845 CE||Sale of the house to the German Lutheran Church.|
|1874 CE||Founding of Home St. Pierre.|